Summer means hurrican season, this means that there will be rain most days and normally mid to late afternoon, if you plan with this in mind then you will still have a wonderful time in Central Florida. Make a point of watching the weather forcast before you plan your day so you can ensure you can dodge those afternoon showers and sometimes heavy downpours
When staying in a Florida vacation home you will need to go and purchase food and incidentals, if you want to keep costs down then shopping at Walmart is your best choice (Asda in the UK) if you are a Marks & Spencers or Waitrose shopper then use Publics, if you are a Sainsburys or Tescos then use Target, beware that Target does have less international variety.
What's on July 2015
July 4th weekend
Information on things to do July 4th weekend:
- Cocoa Beach 4th of July Fireworks: 8 p.m. Friday, Cocoa Beach, 4400 Ocean Beach Blvd., Cocoa Beach, and it is free.
- Groveland 4th of Julymusic, food and a vintage car show, plus fireworks. 6 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m. Saturday, Lake David Park, 450 S. Lake Ave., Groveland, Just a short drive up the US 27 next to Clermont
- Winter Garden Party in the Park: live music by Speed Limit 70, food, activities and fireworks at 9:15 p.m. starts at 5 pm Saturday, Newton Park, 29 W. Garden Ave., Winter Garden
- Disney World 4th of July fireworks concert and display. 9 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Magic Kingdom, 10000 Buena Vista Blvd., Lake Buena Vista, $105 adults, $99 children
- Independence Day at Universal Orlando: patriotic display at the Cinesphere Spectacular. 9 p.m. Saturday, Universal Studios Orlando, 6000 Vineland Road and Universal Boulevard, Orlando, $102 adults, $97 children
- Red, Brick & Boom: 3-D fireworks display. 8 p.m. Friday-Sunday, Legoland Florida, One Legoland Way, Winter Haven, $84 adults, $77 children
- SeaWorld's 4th of July Celebration: whales, lights, a performance the American Military Spouses Choir and fireworks. July 4,SeaWorld Orlando, 7007 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando, $97 adults, $92 children
July 5th Daytona Coke Zero 400
The 57th annual Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will be held on Sunday night, July 5 and will kick-off NBC’s return to NASCAR. The Sunday night date for the Coke Zero 400 will be only for the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season with the Coke Zero 400 returning to Saturday night, July 2, 2016.
July 15th Space launch 11:36am
A United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket launches the Air Force's tenth Block IIF navigation satellite for the Global Positioning System.If you have an event going on in Central Florida then please contact us and we will add it to our What's on page.
If in the USA and wanting Travel insurance then visit
If in the UK and wanting travel insurance then visit